400g flour – 3 cups
¾ tsp salt
40g butter, melted.
260ml warm milk
12g dried yeast
1 tbsp. sugar (castor sugar best)
1. In a bowl, add warm milk, melted butter, sugar and yeast. Mix until yeast dissolves.
2. In a separate bowl, sift flour and add the salt.
3. Mix two bowls together until combined.
4. On a floured surface knead the dough until smooth and elastic -usually around 10 mins.
5. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a damp towel and allow to rise in a warm location.
6. Preheat oven to 190°C.
7. When dough has doubled in size (usually after 1 hour), punch down and use as recipe require.