300g sticky rice or long grain rice
1 tbls oil
2 onions, diced
1 tsp MA's Garlic Paste
1 tsp MA's Ginger Paste
2 tsp MA's Stock Seasoning Flavour
250ml boiling water
4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into long strips
2 tbls Dad's Garden Teriyaki Sauce
1 tbls rice vinegar
1 tsp sugar
3 eggs, lightly brown
thinly sliced, green onions & carrot to serve.
1. Cook rice in a rice cooker.
2. While rice is cooking, heat oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook the onions until they soften.
3. Now add the garlic and ginger and stir for one minute.
4. Add half the water and chicken stock powder, and once the mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes before adding chicken, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, sugar and remaining water.
6. Continue to simmer until the chicken is cooked.
7. Adjust salt to taste and then pour beaten egg over the chicken. Don't mix the egg. Cover the pan with a lid and once the egg is just set place immediately on top of the hot rice served in individual bowls.
8. Garnish with thinly sliced carrots and green onions. And serve hot.