2 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp MA’s Kitchen Mustard Seed
Sprig of curry leaves
1 tsp MA’s Kitchen Garlic Paste
100g cauliflower chopped into small florets
2 ripe small tomatoes, chopped
1 cup chickpeas (cooked)
150g fresh spinach or Kale
1/2 tsp salt
1 heaped tsp MA’s Kerala Masala Paste
¾ metric cup water
1 tsp sugar
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
2. When the mustard begins to pop add the curry leaves.
3. Once the curry leaves are fried, add the garlic and continue to saute for 1 minute.
4. Now add the curry paste and cauliflower. Add ¼ cup of water and mix well. Cover the pan and allow to cook for around 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and remaining water. Mix well and again cover & cook for a further 7 minutes.
6. Add the chickpeas, spinach & bring to a simmer.
7. Adjust salt to taste and if you wish add a little MA’s Kitchen Chilli Powder for a little extra heat.
8. Best served warm.