1. Preheat over to 180C & line a tray with baking paper.
2. To make the shortbread base. Mix the flour and sugar and rub in the butter until it becomes a texture of breadcrumbs.
3. Bring the mixture together the press into the base of the ban.
4. Prick with the surface with a fork and bake for 15-20 minutes until its is slightly brown. Make sure it is cooled before layering the next step.
5. To make the caramel, place all ingredients into a pan and whilst continually stirring bring to a boil, reduce heat and keep stirring until the mixture becomes thicker.
6. Poor over the shortbread base.
7. Melt dark chocolate and pour over the top of the caramel.
8. Leave to set and cut into squares before serving.