For the bread
30 g butter
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
12g dry yeast
For the Mixture
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp MA’s Garlic Paste
1/2 tbsp MA’s Chilli pieces
1/2 tsp MA’s black pepper
1 tsp MA’s Jaffna Curry Powder
1 sprig of curry leaves
200g tuna, mashed
250g potato, boil and mashed
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1. Put yeast, sugar and warm water (not hot) in a bowl and mix well.
2. In a large bowl sift flour and run butter and make it crumble.Step 3
3. Make a well in the centre and add the yeast mixture and milk.Mix well and knead on floured surface. Add little flour or water to get the right consistency.
4. Cover the bowl with a wet towel and allow it to rise for an hour.
5. Punch down the mixture and separate it to 10 balls.
6. Spread on a floured surface and in a shape of a circle with a rolling pin or using your hand.Add the filling and fold to a shape of a triangle.
7. Brush egg whites on top and bake until the tops become golden brown.
1. Heat oil in a pan and saute onion, garlic paste, chilli pieces, curry leaves and curry powder.
2. Once the onions get light brown in color add tuna and mix well.
3. Now add mashed potato and mix well together and let it cook for 2 minutes.
4. Once the mixture is combined well adjust salt.